Cherry Turnovers (delicious!)
Nutritional Benefits: 320 calories and 5 grams of protein per serving.
- Weight: 3.5 ounces per Turnover
- Storage Temperatures and Shelf Life: 80° F or less = 3 years, 100° F = 6 months
- Preparation: No water or heating is required. Just tear open and eat.
- No refrigeration required
- MRE military pouch-style retort packaging
- A component of First Strike Rations (FSRs)
- Lightweight and easy to store
- Good source of calories, protein, and carbohydrates
- Inexpensive meal solution
- 3-year shelf life if stored at 80° F, longer if kept in cooler conditions (freezing is not recommended).
- Perfect for household and workplace emergency preparedness kits and emergency/disaster relief planning.
- Other great uses include camping, hiking, hunting, boating, or an anytime snack.
- MRE sandwiches are designed to be eaten straight from the pouch, however they can also be heated.